Translate

Friday 27 December 2013

Enjoying every last moment! ♥

Late in this year I joined the town orchestra and last Sunday we had a performance. At the church we played Christmas carols along with the local kids choir.


Last Monday evening I attended my Rotary Club's pikkujoulu (Christmas party) and gave my final presentation.... In Finnish! It wasn't so long, only about 10 minutes or so of just talking, but I was very proud to have not done it in English. Everyone was full of compliments and praise for my ability to pronounce and articulate the Finnish language which is very different to English. Everyone was thrilled and I was very proud of myself!


I went home and then set off on the night train down to Turku in Southern Finland. I spent a week in Turku seeing the city's sights and visiting Helsinki (the capital) for one day also. It was a lovely week spent with some of my exchange friends and seeing some of the bigger cities of Finland.













No comments:

Post a Comment